ELT Think Tank AcademicKeymasterMay 24, 2018 at 1:17 pmPost count: 34
Teach teachers how to create magic
by Christopher Emdin
Follow along on this Think Tank to share your ideas about this video!
STEP 1: Let us know you’re going to participate in this discussion. Say hi to everyone and let us know your expectations about this TED Talk just by reading the abstract that was extracted from the website cited below.
TED Talk Abstract:
What do rap shows, barbershop banter and Sunday services have in common? As Christopher Emdin says, they all hold the secret magic to enthrall and teach at the same time — and it’s a skill we often don’t teach to educators. A longtime teacher himself, now a science advocate and cofounder of Science Genius B.A.T.T.L.E.S. with the GZA of the Wu-Tang Clan, Emdin offers a vision to make the classroom come alive.
This talk was presented at an official TED conference, and was featured by our editors on the home page.
Emdin, C. (n.d.). Teach teachers how to create magic. Retrieved May 24, 2018, from https://www.ted.com/talks/christopher_emdin_teach_teachers_how_to_create_magic
STEP 2: Watch the TED Talk and take notes of the parts that most caught your attention. Let us know what you thought by answering the following questions.
Before you watch:
- What is your definition of engaging students?
- How do you engage students in your classroom? What techniques do you use?
After you watch:
- What is your biggest take away from this TED Talk?
- Who could you look at to better equip yourself with techniques to engage your audience successfully?
- Click here and name a recognized person who you would look to. Then up vote the ones you like the best!
What techniques could you implement in your lessons to engage your students?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.